I had this photo shoot all planned out with the models in their red, white, and blue attire making an epic photo shoot with them holding the smoke bombs. In my head it was going to be lit. And it reality it was lit... when the grass caught on fire. No one was hurt, the fire burned itself out by the time my assistant ran to get some water to put it out. Thank God no one got hurt and the grass was scorched in one small space. After all of the excitement, I just knew Smokey the Bear was going to show up and talk about fire safety and how not to start a forest fire!
The lessons that I learned from first attempt to use smoke bombs by Enola Gay:
1. Just have my assistant hold the smoke bomb and not the model, especially teenage models!
2. The smoke bombs do get hot so have my assistant wear gloves while handling them.
3. Buy a metal bucket to toss the used smoke bombs in because they are still warm to touch afterwards.
4. Do not place smoke bombs in grass, use only on gravel or a paved surface.
5. Keep watching Youtube videos and practice, practice, practice.